1: She Walks in Beauty
Writer: William Stuart Director: Don McDougall
Regan Miller arrives in town and Hoss is smitten when he meets her thinking that she a gentle woman. Hoss then begins courting Regan, who is now living with her sister, Amelia. Initially only Amelia knows Regan's true nature but when Adam comes back from a trip to San Francisco he is not pleased to find out that his brother has fallen for the woman, as he too also knows about Regan's past. Adam confronts Regan about her intentions and when Regan reverts to her true personality and kisses Adam, Hoss sees it. The man is angry and blames his brother, which leads to more uncertainty and heartache.
Victor Sen Yung (Hop Sing)
Gena Rowlands (Regan Miller), Jeanne Cooper (Amelia Miller), Phil Chambers (), Robert Adler (), Craig Duncan ()
Air Date: 22 September 1963
- Featured Cartwright: Hoss
2: A Passion for Justice
Writer: Peter Packer Director: Murray Golden
Ray Teal (Sheriff Roy Coffee)
Jonathan Harris (Charles Dickens), Victor Maddern (Dan Stoker), Frank Albertson (Sam Walker), Charles Irving (Rogers), Sydney Smith (), E.J. Andre (), Don Washbrook (), Alice Frost (), James Stone (), Clegg Hoyt ()
Air Date: 29 September 1963
- Sam Walker is the editor of The Territorial Enterprise. Mr. Rogers is a lawyer.
- Joe actually calls Ben "Dad" in the scene where he is reading the newspaper at the breakfast table.
- Dickens appears at the Virginia City Social Hall.
- Sign: "To-Night Mr. Charles Dickens will render dramatic readings from his own immortal works. An unforgettable experience."
- VC Business: Overland Stage Lines
3: Rain from Heaven
Writer: Robert Vincent Wright Director: Lewis Allen
Ray Teal (Sheriff Roy Coffee), Bing Russell (Deputy Clem Foster)
John Anderson (Tulsa Weems), Claudia Bryar (Mrs. Weems), Mickey Sholdar (Jube Weems), Eileen Chesis (Mary Beth Weems), Phil Chambers (), Herbert Lytton (), Mary Newton ()
Air Date: 6 October 1963
- Featured Cartwrights: Ben and Hoss
- VC Business: E. Rodgers General Store
4: Twilight Town
Writer: Cy Chermak Director: John Florea
While on his way home, Joe is bushwhacked in the desert. Left for dead, he wanders aimlessly until he comes across what seems to be a deserted town. He loses consciousness and when he comes to, the town is filled with people. Joe finds out that the town - Martinville is in trouble and it seems that he is the only one who can help them. He reluctantly takes on the job of sheriff, unaware that there is something else, that the townspeople are hiding from him.
Davey Davison (Louise Corman), Doris Dowling (Katie O'Brien), Stacy Harris (Mr. Corman), Walter Coy (Masterson), Michael Mikler (Felix Matthews/Bushwhacker), Andy Albin (), Don Dillaway (), Joseph Breen ()
Air Date: 13 October 1963
- Featured Cartwright: Joe
- At the beginning of the episode, the rest of the Cartwrights are preparing a surprise birthday party for Joe.